Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Thanks for All Your Input - Please Keep it UP!!!

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for all the great Peggy stories that I'm getting in recently. I haven't had a chance to post them all, but will keep working on it. I'd like to assure anyone who has a story, not be afraid to post it. I have found that some people are a little reluctant still. I want to assure you all that I have no plans to embarrass anyone, and will alter the story as much as necessary to avoid that. I don't want anyone to fear. This is a project that is only in the beginning stages too. It has a long way to go if it ever hopes to make it into print. In the meantime, this site is a place to reminisce a bygone era of mischief and fun, and to collect stories that add to the color and mood of the time. At the very least I hope that we all can enjoy a chuckle or two together!

P.S. I also ask if anyone disputes anything I have posted on this site, PLEASE correct me! I want to be as accurate as possible!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After closing because of the construction of what is now MLK Drive, Peggy's house and several other properties she owned was auctioned by local auctioneer, J.L. Todd. I remember walking through the now empty house with Mr. Todd and hearing him proclaim, "Boys, I've sold hotels, ball parks and just about anything else you can think of but this will be my first "cat house!"

Anonymous said...

Back in the 1950s, t

he City Bus that we rode home from school always made the turn there at Peggy's. One day, the "girls" were at the side door in their negligees. Needless to say, all of the high school kids raced to that side of the bus. Our driver, Shorty, yelled, "Sit down... you're gonna turn the bus over." In the 50s, we were so uninformed that we didn't know what went on at Peggy's, but it was a right of passage to say that we had seen "Peggy's Girls".

Anonymous said...

I use to ride that bus in the late 50's and I being 12 was curious what went on there that made Peggy so famous my mom rented a house from her and she was a really nice lady.She was really good to my mom when she got sick and had to be out of work and couldn't pay the rent.